Cauliflower & Chickpea Freekeh
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Wash and rinse freekeh thoroughly, removing any debris. In a pot over medium high heat, sauté the onions in olive oil. After about 5 mins, once onions begin to brown, add the washed freekeh and toast until nutty, about 5 more mins. Add vegetable broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cover until cooked and liquid has evaporated, about 40 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare roasted veggies. Toss cauliflower with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp sumac, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Roast for 12 mins.
- Toss drained and rinsed chickpeas with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp sumac, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil, and add them to the baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 more mins, until veggies are browned and tender.
- In the last 5 mins of roasting, toss slivered almonds with 1 tbsp olive oil and add them to a portion of the baking sheet. Once the almonds are browned, remove everything from the oven and set aside.
- Serve freekeh topped with roasted veggies. Top the dish with roasted almonds. Serve with yogurt and tahini. Top with pomegranate seeds and parsley if desired.