Cinnamon Date Rolls with Orange Blossom Icing
- 1 sheet Puffy Pastry 10" x 15"
- ½ cup Tazah Date Paste Scant
- 1-2 tbsp. Water
- 2 tbsp. Orange Zest Optional
- 1 tbsp. Melted Butter Dairy Free Optional
Orange Blossom Glaze
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Tazah Orange Blossom Water
- 1-2 tbsp. Milk Dairy Free Optional
- Unfold 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface so the folds run vertically. Roll out slightly so the folds are no longer noticeable.
- Thin out date paste with 1-2 tbsp. of water, until it becomes easily spreadable. Mix in cinnamon and orange zest.
- Spread date filling on puff pastry, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Roll up tightly. Trim off the end pieces, and then slice the roll into 8 pieces. If needed, place the roll in the fridge for 10 mins to make it easier to cut.
- Place rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Place the rolls close together to avoid them unraveling.
- Bake for 18-22 mins at 350F.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing all ingredients for the orange blossom glaze together.
- Drizzle finished rolls with the glaze and top with more orange zest if desired. Enjoy!
- Moghrabieh Salad - May 17, 2021
- Harissa Rubbed Carrots - February 27, 2021
- Cinnamon Date Rolls - January 13, 2021