Freekeh Salad with Delicata Squash
- 3 cups Arugula
- 2 small Delicata Squash
- 1-2 tbsp. Tazah Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt, Pepper to Taste
- ¼-½ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint Leaves Optional
For the Freekeh
- Wash and rinse freekeh thoroughly, removing any debris.
- Toast in a saucepan over medium high heat in olive oil for 3-5 mins, until nutty.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer, cover, and cook for 40 mins, until water evaporates.
- Set aside and let cool for 10 mins.
For the Roasted Delicata Squash
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash the squash, slice off the ends, remove the insides, and cut into crescents.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 35-40 mins, flipping halfway through.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing together and set aside.
For the Salad
- Toss cooled freekeh with some of the dressing, and then fold in some of the arugula and delicata squash.
- Top with the rest of the arugula and squash, pomegranate seeds, and mint leaves if using.
- Drizzle with rest of dressing.