- 1 package Zimi Shredded Phyllo Dough
- ¾ cup Melted Butter
- 2 tbsp. Melted Butter for greasing the pan
- 400 g Sweet Cheese
- 400 g Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Tazah Orange Blossom Water
- Crushed or Ground Pistachios may substitute with any other nuts
- 1 Bottle Tazah Sugar Syrup atter
- In a large bowl shred the phyllo dough.
- Then chop into pieces, add ¾ cup melted butter & process the dough until the dough becomes fine.
- Mix knafeh food coloring with 2 tbsp. melted butter, & grease the pan (12x12).
- Add the knafeh dough to the pan and press to make an even layer on the bottom.
- Bake for 15 mins on 400° F, or until you see the edges turn a little brown.
Prepare the Cheese
- In a medium sauce pan: add mozzarella, sweet, and ricotta cheese.
- Cook on medium heat until the cheese are melting and water comes out.
- You will need a coriander to separate the water that came out from cheese.
- Spread the melted cheese over the cooked kunefe and bake for 20-25 mins on 350° F.
- Remove from the oven & wait a few minutes.
- Then invert the knafeh on a serving plate so the cheese layer faces towards the bottom and knafeh crust on top.
- Pour about ¾ cup of Tazah Sugar Syrup & spread them using a spoon or spatula.
- Garnish with choice of nuts.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy fresh out the oven!