Lemon Rosewater Cake
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Bean Powder substitute with vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Buttermilk
For the Rosewater Icing
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1½ tbsp. Rosewater
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, vanilla bean powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed.
- Mix until it's fluffy. At low speed, add one egg at a time. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Add buttermilk and mix until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients gradually with the wet ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Scrape the batter into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check doneness. If it comes out clean, it's ready!
- While the cake cools, make the Rosewater icing.
For the Icing
- Combine powdered sugar, rosewater and milk. Mix well.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, pour or drizzle icing on top.
- Serve and enjoy!