Pickled Cabbage Soup
- 3-4 Cups Pickled cabbage, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 Cup White coarse bulgur
- 2 tbsp Tazah Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Tazah Red Pepper Paste
- 3 tbsp Tazah Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-6 Cups Boiled water
- Salt, black pepper, and red pepper, to taste
- Parsley, chopped, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in the pot and sauté the onions.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the pickled cabbage and allow it to heat up for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and enough boiled water to completely cover the vegetables, about 5 cups.
- Cook on low-medium heat, covered, until the potatoes soften completely, around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the bulgur, spices and another cup of boiled water if necessary, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, covered.
- Turn off the heat and allow the soup to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley and enjoy!